Please consider opening your heart and home to an English Setters in need. We will help and support you every step of the way. We even transport them to you! All you provide is food, a warm home, and lots of love. Fostering is a very rewarding experience, knowing you had an impact on an amazing turn-around for this animal.
To learn more about fostering, please check out this video created by the library of one of our board members. Above & Beyond is featured around the 4-minute mark.
English setters are a wonderful breed. They are loving and eager to please. They also love to run and scout for wildlife. Watching a setter on point is a beautiful sight, it may be a butterfly they are watching, but to them it is serious business. They are very entertaining and will keep you laughing. When they are sufficiently exercised outside, they are happy to be couch potatoes indoors. We love to share our stories with each other and feel we know all our dogs personally. We laugh and cry together, applaud successes, and support you with any problem areas with advice from our many experienced foster homes.
One of the most challenging aspects of rescue is having enough foster homes to meet the growing demand. As a foster home you will help in finding the perfect home by knowing this dog and what it can or cannot do, whether it is good with other pets or needs to be an only pet. You will have the wonderful experience of bringing into your home an animal that has never known love or had meals it can depend on. Watching this scared animal play, love, trust, and blossom into the dog it was destined to be will be one of the most rewarding things in your life. Animals are forgiving and resilient. And, who knows, you just may fall in love along the way! Look into fostering one of these wonderful dogs because YES, you can make a difference.
Top 10 Reasons to be a foster:
1: Everyone can use a few more cuddles, snuggles and wet kisses
2. A house is not a home without some extra fur on the couch or floor
3. Your own dog will make new friends and develop more social skills
4. Your windows will get decorated with ‘nose print art’
5. This is a good way to see if you’re ready for another furry friend
6. Volunteering is scientifically proven to increase a person’s happiness
7. This also increases the shelter dog’s happiness level by 100% to be in a loving home
8. Fostering teaches children a life-lesson in compassion, nurturing, and generosity
9. Fostering is a great way to make new friends and help a dog in need, all you provide is food and love!
10. Fostering SAVES LIVES!
If you are interested in fostering, please contact our Foster Home Coordinator, Teresa Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about our application process here