At this time, we have temporarily suspended accepting new applications, as our team is stretched very thin & our inventory of available dogs is limited. Please check back regularly for updates & thanks for your interest in rescue.
Thanks for your interest in our Rescue. Please make sure you read & understand everything stated in the Before You Apply page of our website. Please use a computer when completing the application, if at all possible.
The first step in adopting from A & B is to fill out our on-line application (currently disabled). Please ensure that you complete ALL sections of the application. Providing as much detail as possible is very helpful. Please contact your Veterinarian's office & give them permission to speak with us regarding current/past care provided to your pets. **Note that you are applying for approval from the Rescue, NOT for a specific dog.
- Your Application is received and screened for completion, then assigned to an Application Team Member
- Our team member will then contact your veterinary references to confirm your information. If proper care has not been provided, applications can be denied at this step. This includes the use of HEARTWORM PREVENTION.
- Next, a volunteer will call you to conduct a short phone interview. This helps us get to know you better & understand what you are looking for in a dog
- If all goes well, a home visit will be scheduled by our Home Visit Coordinator at a mutually beneficial time for applicant and home visit volunteer. Currently, we are performing a Virtual Home Visit (VHV), asking you to complete an on-line form & upload pictures, so we can get a sense of where the dog will live.
- The Applications Team & Board reviews all of this information and approves or denies the applicant, usually within 2 days of completed VHV. Again, if you are approved, this means you are approved to adopt from our rescue, not for a specific dog.
- The entire application process can take 2-3 weeks. We are an entirely volunteer run organization, so please be patient with us.
- Once approved to adopt, an applicant will be notified & an Adoption Buddy will be assigned. Your buddy will work with you until the right setter is matched. The foster home knows their foster the best and makes the decision as to who will adopt their foster dog.
- It may take up to 2 weeks after approval to be assigned a Buddy. At that point, you and your buddy will talk about what you are looking for & available dogs will be discussed. If no current dogs are a good fit, the expectation is that YOU will continue to monitor our website & reconnect with your Buddy when you see a dog that interests you. If the dog's bio and your adoption profile indicate a good match, the Buddy will facilitate communication with the Foster.
- Approved fosters will be contacted by our Foster Home Coordinator to learn more and help find the foster dog that best meets their needs.
Application to Foster or Adopt
We have a rigorous adoption process to ensure our dogs are well cared for. Please ensure you have read our policies and process before continuing. Please be sure to answer every question and add detail if requested. Your application cannot be processed if it is incomplete. Contact your Veterinarian to let them know we will be contacting them and requesting information about you and your current/past pets.