While we are still not accepting any new applications at this time, we do expect to start taking applications again mid to late September. We are anticipating that our intake of dogs will slowly continue to increase. In the meantime, ONLY if you are interested in one of our dogs that are listed as Available, send an email to Carol Repic
Thank you for your continued patience as we navigate these unprecedented times together.
The first step in adopting from A & B is to fill out our on-line application. The link to this application can be found in the top right of this page (temporarily disabled).
- Your Application is received and screened for completion, then assigned to an Application Team Member
- Our team member will then contact your veterinary references to confirm your information. If proper care has not been provided, applications can be denied at this step
- Next, a volunteer will call you to conduct a short phone interview. This helps us get to know you better & understand what you are looking for in a dog
- If all goes well, a home visit will be scheduled by our Home Visit Coordinator at a mutually beneficial time for applicant and home visit volunteer. We also have the ability to perform a Virtual Home Visit, should the need arise.
- The Applications Team & Board reviews all of this information and approves or denies the applicant, usually within 24 hours.
- The entire application process can take 2-3 weeks. We are an entirely volunteer run organization, so please be patient with us.
- Once approved to adopt, an applicant will be notified & an Adoption Buddy will be assigned. Your buddy will work with you until the right setter is matched. Sometimes this happens within days & in other cases the process can take much longer. The foster home knows their foster the best and makes the decision as to who will adopt their foster dog.
- Approved fosters will be contacted by our Foster Home Coordinator to learn more and help find the foster dog that best meets their needs.
Application to Foster or Adopt
We have a rigorous adoption process to ensure our dogs are well cared for. Please ensure you have read our policies and process before continuing. Please be sure to answer every question and add detail if requested. Your application cannot be processed if it is incomplete. Contact your Veterinarian to let them know we will be contacting them and requesting information about you and your current/past pets.