MILES AB#19- 034-1 -M, 11 Months
Foster dog name: Miles
Age: 11 months
Size/Weight:23” at shoulder – 47pounds
Color: Orange Belton
Breed: English Setter
Socialization/training: Very well socialized with other dogs and people. Loves to be cuddled and is very sweet.He has basic training such as wait, stay, come and he knows the name Miles
Good with Children: Yes
Good with Dogs: Loves to play and be with other dogs.
Good with Cats: Yes.
House trained: Yes
Crate trained: Yes
Leash trained: Yes
Activity Level: Playful, birdy and laid back. He has a high bird drive and will spend hours watching the birds and rabbits.
Fence: He would do best in a fenced area or with an owner that has room to run.He is learning fast on the tone portion of a eCollar. He has not been tested on an invisible fence.
Behavior: He loves his people and greets us if we have been gone, He loves to cuddle and will come and get attention.He is also very well rounded and doesn’t mind being in the kennel.
Medical History: He is chipped, fully vetted and on Heart Worm Preventative as well as flea and tick preventative. Treated for Giardia and Hookworm as well as standard Tape and Round worms
- He is very personable and loves his people
- Very, very sweet, soaking up affection as long as you are willing to give it.
- He is active and will need a place where he has room to run. A fenced backyard would be ideal-he would self-exercise
- Has a high prey drive… very birdy and most likely could be trained to hunt
- He gets along well with the three other ES in our pack… but he is still a puppy and wants to play much more than our middle aged/senior dogs. He would do best with another dog that likes to play.
- He loves people, when taken on hikes he wants to meet each and every hiker and did well with kids
- Loves his crate and trots right back to it when its bed time
- He doesn’t bolt for the door and does “wait” when asked.
- He is very athletic and might enjoy and make a good agility dog. He jumps over drainage ditches with ease but has not attempted to jump over the porch railing to escape.
- He likes to ride in the car and stays nicely in the back -not trying to get in the front.
video of Miles:
Adoption Fee: $395.00
Foster Location: Loveland, CO
Miles is located in Colorado and further west than many of our dogs. He may be placed in the Western US including California, Idaho, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
Volunteer transport can be arranged in the Continental US within a 1,000 mile distance between adopters & foster home. Typically, we are able to transport your adopted dog to within 2 hours of your home. *Dogs can be adopted outside the 1000 mile transport distance; however, adopters must be willing to either fly their adopted dog, drive to a location within the 1000 mile transport range, or make independent transport arrangements for their adopted dog. Transports to far West states, from Eastern states, may have additional restriction